East Asia Institute 2022 Winter Internship
The East Asia Institute (EAI) is a non-profit, independent, private think tank founded in 2002 with the mission of seeking to establish a regional community based on democracy and a market economy. EAI strives to produce and promulgate realistic policy ideas and suggestions through interdis.ciplinary research in the social s.cience fields and the use of its domestic and international knowledge network. EAI seeks to be “Korea’s leading think tank” and develop into “a globally recognized think tank” by doing its outmost to create “a knowledge-net for a better world.” EAI currently has five focuses: US-China Strategic Competition, Global North Korea, Reconstruction of Korea-Japan Relations, Democracy Promotion and the Future of Trade, Technology and Energy Order.
EAI internship program provides a unique learning opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds from political s.ciences and international studies. It is designed for motivated and passionate individuals to gain insight into the work of EAI and provides assistance in various research and projects.
Application Period: December 3rd, 2021
Tentative S.chedule for Interview: mid-December before Christmas
* Interview date and time can be negotiated depending on applicant’s final exam s.chedules.
Internship Period: January 3rd 2022 – February 25th 2022 (8 weeks, full-time: 09:30 ~ 18:00, every Mon - Fri)
* Start date can be negotiated.
* Please note that the internship period mentioned above is based on the non-credit earning internship program between Yonsei GSIS and EAI. If you want to earn credits while doing an internship, please communicate with the CDC before submitting the application documents. For the credit earning internship program the working period will be extended from 8 weeks to 10 weeks.
- For your reference: https://gsis.yonsei.ac.kr/cdc/text.asp?mid=n03_01
- Researching and compiling materials (articles, news, etc.) on current affairs and issues related to East Asia.
- Assisting staff with institute events, conferences and meetings
- Korean-English/English-Korean editing and translation
Benefits: Aside from valuable work experience, the institute also provides the following benefits for interns:
- Official certificate of completion and, dependent on performance, a work reference for future endeavors.
- Opportunities to participate in various conferences and international seminars.
- Mentoring support and advice from all of EAIs highly experienced staff members.
Eligibility: This internship is open to students who currently enrolled in Yonsei GSIS.
- Language: Interns should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or Korean.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Required Documents for this Application:
Please send the following documents to GSIS CDC (firstname.lastname@example.org);
2) Cover Letter
3) English writing sample (5-7 pages)
* Please put ‘Your name_EAIintern’ in the title of e-mail.
After reviewing applications, we will contact selected candidates individually for in-person or Zoom interviews.