Basic Qualifications for Internship Credit Approval & Financial Support
- CDC no longer accepts late submission of credit approval application under any circumstances. If a student needs to graduate with the internship credits, please check the procedures in advance and make sure to turn it in PRIOR at the beginning of the internship.
- Any research institution affiliated with a university (educational institution) cannot be considered as a proper institution to acquire internship credits.
- After submitting the Internship Approval Form, Internship Credit Approval Form, and/or Financial Aid Form in hard copies, all additional transactions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Conversion Chart
Weekly Based Hourly Based
*Note: Number of credits awarded may be adjusted after evaluation of report and presentation.
Procedure of Internship Credit Approval
1. Complete the Internship Credit Application Form and submit it to CDC PRIOR to the beginning of the internship (either in word file or hard copy). If the student requires financial aid, he or she needs to submit the Financial Aid Form with the form stated above.
2. The submitted Internship Credit Application Form will then be reviewed by the Associate Dean and once approved, CDC will send a confirmation email to the student to verify the collected information.
Associate Dean*: Professor Sukhee Han
3. When the confirmation email is received, the student must reply whether he/she agrees or not. Once the information is confirmed, registration for application of internship credits is finalized.
4. Should there be any changes during the process (e.g., internship duration or presentation semester/year), the student MUST notify the changes to CDC immediately via email(email@example.com). The student must then receive another confirmation email and reply to agree, acknowledging the changes made as requested by the student.
5. A student MUST also submit Contract/Acceptance Letter or Internship Certificate, clearly stating the internship period (YYYY/MM/DD – YYYY/MM/DD), and internship employment type (Full-Time or Part-Time).
* Full-time Internship is 5 days a week (9:00–17:00). Students hired as Part-Time Internship MUST additionally submit documentation stating the total worked hours.
6. After finishing the internship, submit the Internship Evaluation Form, and Recommendation Letter written by the supervisor from the company/institution where the student has worked. CDC should receive the supervisor’s completed evaluation form sealed in an enveloped delivered either through the student or mailed directly to CDC. (NOTE: There is a provided format for Internship Evaluation Form and no provided format for Recommendation Letter)
7. The student then should submit the Internship Report, Internship Presentation materials and Post-Internship Survey via email. (NOTE: Post-Internship Survey has a provided format). Students must submit these documents by a week before the expected presentation date. The confirmed presentation date will later be announced to each student. See below for a rough estimation when to expect the internship presentation date.
*Internship presentation date will be scheduled one week prior to the final reading week, which is two weeks prior to the final exam weeks. (e.g. Final exam weeks of Fall 2019 is from December 9 to December 20. Then the presentation will be scheduled between November 25 (Mon) and November 29 (Fri).)
8. When the Internship Presentation date is set, the student will be notified and the student will have to make a presentation on that given date regarding his/her internship experience. The Associate Dean will evaluate his/her presentation.
9. After all the paperwork has been filed the Associate Dean will give a student the final score based on the Internship Report, Internship Presentation, and Supervisor Evaluation.
10. The GSIS dean will give the final approval for credits (2-6 credits).
**Important to Note:
- A student must finish the internship by a week before the expected presentation date. If the internship period is expected to finish after the expected presentation date, duration of the remaining internship period will not be recognized towards the internship period to be eligible to acquire credits.
- A student is restricted by school policy to gain recognition for internship credit twice in the same year. (e.g, student who has obtained internship credits on Spring 2020 may not receive internship credits on another internship completed and presented on Fall 2020)
- A Student MUST prove the internship either through contract letter, internship certificate or any kind of documentations that clearly states the employment type (Full-Time or Part-Time), and internship period (YYYY/MM/DD-YYYY/MM/DD). NOTE: Full-Time Internship is (5 days, 9:00–17:00), and students hired as part-time interns, MUST additionally get documentation stating the total worked hours.
Financial Aid for Internship Abroad
Approval Procedure for Financial Assistance:
The process of financial assistance is the same as the procedure of internship credit approval. A student must apply for the financial assistance PRIOR to the beginning of the internship when he/she submits Internship Application Form.
After finishing the internship, student MUST submit (either in pdf files or hard copies):
1) A copy of bank account
2) Receipts of all the expenses (airfare, accommodation, and personal expense)
3) Financial Aid Form for Internship Abroad
Financial Aid on International Conferences/Seminars
1) A copy of bank account
2) Receipts of airfare
3) Seminar Report
Financial assistance of Master’s/Doctoral Thesis Presentation Abroad
Financial Aid Policy:
*Note: All the archives collected from a student could be returned after five years. If the student does not recollect the documents within five years, they will be disposed.