Basic Qualifications for Internship Credit Approval & Financial Support
- CDC no longer accepts late submission of credit approval application under any circumstances. If a student needs to graduate with the internship credits, please check the procedures in advance and make sure to turn it in at the start of the internship.
- After submitting the Internship Approval Form, Internship Credit Approval Form, and/or Financial Aid Form in hard copies, all additional transactions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit Conversion Chart
Weekly Based Hourly Based
*Note: Number of credits awarded may be adjusted after evaluation of report and presentation.
Procedure of Internship Credit Approval
1. Complete the Internship Approval Form and Internship Credit Approval Form and submit the documents to CDC at the start of the internship. If the student requires financial aid, he or she needs to submit the Financial Aid Form with the forms stated above.
2. Get a signature by the program chair* for the Internship Approval Form and submit it to the CDC with the Internship Credit Approval Form (signature from the CDC chair is not required).
4. When there are any changes (e.g., internship duration and presentation semester/year), a student must notify the changes to CDC via email (email@example.com).
5. After finishing the internship, submit the Internship Evaluation Form to the company/institution where the student is working at. The supervisor should give the completed form to the student sealed in an envelope or mail it directly to CDC.
6. A student should submit the Internship Report (soft copy) and Internship Presentation materials (via email) by the given date specified by CDC.
7. A student will have to make a presentation on a given date* (after finishing the internship) regarding his/her internship experience. The CDC chair will evaluate his/her presentation.
*Internship presentation date will be scheduled one week prior to the final reading week, which is two weeks prior to the final exam weeks. (e.g. Final exam weeks of Fall 2017 is from December 7 to December 21. Then the presentation will be scheduled on a day between November 20 (Mon) and November 24 (Fri).)
8. A student must complete the Post-Internship Survey (via email*) provided by the CDC. *firstname.lastname@example.org
9. After the paperwork is finished, the CDC chair will give s student the final score based on the Internship Report, Internship Presentation, and Supervisor Evaluation.
10. The GSIS dean will give the final approval for credits (2-6 credits).
*Note: A student must finish the internship by a week before the expected presentation date.
Financial Aid for Internship Abroad
Approval Procedure for Financial Assistance:
The process of financial assistance is the same as the procedure of internship credit approval. A student must apply for the financial assistance prior to the beginning of the internship when he/she submits Internship Approval Form.
After finishing the internship, student MUST submit (in hard copies):
1) A copy of bank account
2) Receipts of all the expenses (airfare, accomodation, and personal expense)
3) Financial Aid Form for Internship Abroad
Financial Aid on International Conferences/Seminars
Financial assistance of Master’s/Doctoral Thesis Presentation Abroad
Financial Aid Policy:
*Note: All the hard copies collected from a student can be returned to the student after the entire process is done. If the student does not recollect the copies within three years, the copies will be disposed.