- [Academics] Guidelines on Leave of Absence & Returning & Readmission for 2023 Spring
- 게시글 내용
▩ General Leave of Absence
1. Application Period: Feb. 1, 10 am - Mar. 8, 5 pm
During this period, students may apply for a leave of absence without paying the tuition. After this period, however, students can apply for a leave of absence only after they pay the whole tuition and the tuition will be refunded according to the University’s refund policies.
2. How to apply: Login at the Yonsei Portal System(http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Academic Information system(학사정보시스템) → Academic Affairs → Application for Leave of Absence
3. Please note that
a. Leave of absence in the first semester is not granted for reasons other than Korean military service, pregnancy or other illnesses.
b. Leave of absence is granted only for one semester per application (two semesters for maternity leave). Students who wish to prolong their leave of absence must submit a new application form.
c. Total leave of absence period cannot exceed one year(2 semesters) during enrollment in the Master’s degree program, two years(4 semesters) during enrollment in the Ph.D. program. Permission for leave of absence will be given on a semester basis.
d. New entering students and readmitted students cannot take their first semester off.
e. Students who do not apply for returning within the given period even after their leave of absence period has expired, they will be removed from the school register.
f. Students must be enrolled in their final (graduating) semester.
g. Even during the leave of absence, students must update their information - especially, e-mail, phone number and address, at the Portal system if any changes are made to get the important notices from the school.
1. Application Period: Feb. 1, 10 am - Feb. 10, 5 pm
Complete the [Readmission Application], have the form signed by the program chair and submit it to GSIS office.
2. Students who would like to apply for readmission should contact the GSIS office directly.
1. Application Period
Returning Application Course Enrollment Tuition Payment
Feb. 1 - Feb. 17, 10:00-17:00
1) Feb. 13 ~ 17, 10:00-17:00
2) Mar. 2-8, 10:00-17:00
Feb. 17 - 23, 9:30 - 17:00
2. How to apply: Login at the Yonsei Portal System(http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Academic Information system(학사정보시스템) → Academic Affairs → Application for Returning
3. If you have any questions on Military Leave of Absence or Returning after the Military Leave of Absence, please directly contact the GSIS office at email@example.com.
▩ Documents for D-2 student visa
According to the policy of the Immigration Office under the Ministry of Justice, the international students who plan for Return to School or Readmission should submit the latest and original financial document and have it reexamined every time.
Thus, those who need the certificate of admission for D-2 visa application with the plan of Return to School or Readmission in 2023-1 semester should send the following documents to the office before February 10th (Fri).
1. Verification of Deposit (Must be ORIGINAL Document - photocopies/scanned documents are NOT acceptable - the document must meet the following conditions)
A. Deposit Amount
- Korean Studies, Global Studies, and Global Citizenship and Human Development major: over 23,000 USD = over 160,000 RMB
- Global Citizenship and Cooperation major: over 25,000 USD = over 175,000 RMB
B. Beneficiary (Account Holder) must be the student or the student's parents.
*If the account belongs to your parents, we need document to verify your family relationship as well.
C. If you are already in Korea with ARC, only Verification of Deposit issued by KOREAN banks will be accepted.
D. Period of Validity
- The Verification of Deposit must be issued within 1 month.
E. Verification of Deposit issued by Chinese banks:
- The account must be frozen for minimum of 30 days, and the frozen period must be written on the verification of deposit.
- Scholarship recipients (from government, external foundations) can submit the proof of scholarship to substitute for the verification of deposit.
2. Passport front page (copy)
- Scanned or photocopy of the passport front page with your photo
3. Mailing Address
- (03722) Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies Registrar's Office, New Millennium Hall #510, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea