- [Academics] [updated as of January 30] Course Enrollment for 2023 Spring Semester (KSP, GS, PIC, ITFM)
- 게시글 내용
Updated as of January 30, 2023
A. New Course Added: ISA6129-01 MODERN KOREAN JAPANESE RELATIONS (PIC4(main) / KSP2(cross), Prof. Jung-hoon Lee, Mon.1,2,3)
B. Cross-List added: ISC6212-01 Technology and Culture (PIC2(main) / ITFM1(cross))
C. Lecturer Change:
- ISF6144-01 Digital Trade in the Making (TBA > Prof. Doyoung Eom)
- ISM6050-01 New Perspectives on Human Resources Management (TBA > Prof. Mira Lee)
Updated as of January 26, 2023
A. 100% Online classes confirmed (2 Core courses):
- ISA6185-01 STATISTICS AND DATA ANALYSIS
- ISA6010-01 Intro. to International Economics
B. Lecturer Change: ISC6162-01 Analysis of Contemporary Issues on China (TBA > Prof. Taeho Kim)
Updated as of January 20, 2023
- Time change: ISC6079-01 China and the Korean Peninsula (Tue.7,8,9 > Mon.1,2,3)
- Lecturer Change: ISC6079-01 China and the Korean Peninsula (Prof. Sukhee Han > Prof. Taeho Kim)
This notice is for KSP, GS, PIC, and ITFM students. The notice for Global Civic Studies will be informed separately.
▩ Instruction for 2023 Spring Semester Courses
1. Spring 2023 Course type
All courses of KSP(Korean Studies), GS(Global Studies), PIC(International Cooperation) and ITFM(International Trade, Finance and Management) will be delivered face-to-face, or using Blended Lecturing(face-to-face & video materials together), with very small exceptions for 100% online classes. (The exact lecturing methods will be noted on the course syllabus before course enrollment period)
2. 2023 Spring Grading Policy
Letter grade evaluation courses will be graded based on the grading norm of the professor in charge (relative grading).
▩ Course Enrollment: Feb. 13(Mon.) 10:00 - 17(Fri.) 17:00
▩ Tuition Payment Period for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th semester students: Feb. 17(Fri.) - 23(Thu.) 17:00
▩ Additional Payment Period(5th- students): Mar. 10(Fri.) - 13(Mon.)
▩ Course Add and Drop Period: Mar. 2(Thu.) 10:00 - 8(Wed.) 17:00
▩ Course Withdrawal Period: Apr. 3(Mon.) 10:00 - 5(Wed.), 17:00
Please check the attached Course Listing file and this notice often since it will be occasionally updated. Every student must register for courses through Yonsei Portal during the designated period. When registering, Master's candidates must be attentive to their exact graduation requirements if they wish to graduate within four semesters of study (the proposed length of study at GSIS). Do not neglect registering for the appropriate core and required courses, or you may not graduate on time.
1. Please note that credits earned at other graduate schools can be transferred up to a total of 15 credits and up to 6 credits per semester. Yonsei GSIS students may take courses and transfer credits from other Yonsei graduate schools, but this does not include special graduate schools. Credits may only be transferred from the general graduate schools and professional graduate schools. Please note that courses taken in other institutes WILL NOT count towards your field of concentration, they will simply add up to your total number of credits.
2. If you are a student who wishes to enroll for a 5th semester and over, you are required to take at least one course.
3. Retaking a course is allowed only if a student received an "F." However, if another "F" grade is given for the same course after retaking it, the student will be removed from school register. The retaken course will be indicated with "R" and the previous "F" will be replaced by the new grade acquired.
4. If you would like to receive credit for doing an internship, please register at the CDC office before starting the internship. Without doing so, you will not receive credit.
5. Students must satisfy all of the requirements below to be eligible to register for thesis writing this semester:
1) Students who have already submitted/will submit applications to the GSIS office no later than the deadline of March 8(Wed.), 17:00.
2) Students who are expected to complete their thesis writing in the 2023 Spring semester
6. IMPORTANT: There may be courses that were listed under a certain field of concentration from a previous semester that have been changed to a different field of concentration in this semester. However, the course designated under a particular field during a particular semester is how the course will be credited for the graduation requirement. The change will not be applicable when determining a student's coursework.
7. Students should be responsible for keeping track of, and satisfying their own graduation requirements. The GSIS office can provide only academic advice, and cannot be held responsible for individual student decisions on course selections. The official school regulations and the course listings serve as the standard, and students should refer to these documents for final confirmations.
8. Please be sure to follow the policies described in the GSIS regulations and bylaws(GSIS Homepage uploaded) when registering for the courses.
- Link to GSIS Regulations and Bylaws: https://gsis.yonsei.ac.kr/gsis/academics/regulations.do
9. Please continue to check the course schedule for updates.
【General Information / Notice】
1. Only students who have fulfilled the core course requirements (including students who were able to waive core courses) are eligible to apply for Financial Aid and the Dean's Scholarship.
*Korean Studies Program
a) Research Design & Methods OR Statistics and Data Analysis (select ONE)
b) Introduction to International Economics OR International Relations (select ONE)
Additional Requirements for KSP Students (To be Completed before graduation):
c) Korean Society and Culture
d) Modern Korean History
*Global Studies Program
a) Research Design Methods OR Statistics and Data Analysis (select ONE)
b) Introduction to International Economics
c) International Relations
2. Auditing Courses: Credits will not be given even if you registered the audited course. (Please do not register the audited course in the Yonsei Portal system. Register it in the Learn-Us only.)
3. Independent Study: This is considered as a research course that students can receive credit for by working directly with a Professor. The Professor and student organizes the structure of the course together. Master's degree students can only register for the Independent Study course once while PhD students can take this course twice. To register for an Independent Study, students must do the following:
1) Receive approval from the Professor you plan to do the Independent Study with. The Professor must be GSIS full-time faculty only.
2) Register for the Independent Study course during Course Enrollment Period.
3) Complete the application form(at the link below) and submit it to the GSIS office no later than the deadline of March 8, 17:00.
Independent Study Application Form:https://gsis.yonsei.ac.kr/gsis/community/boards4_01.do?mode=view&articleNo=138152&article.offset=0&articleLimit=10&srSearchVal=indep
4. Registering for courses at other GSIS institutions: Students who wish to enroll in other GSIS schools must complete the application form and submit it to the GSIS office no later than Mar. 8, 17:00. This form must be approved and signed by the course instructor and your Program Chair. You do not need to register for the course(s) online.
※ There are a total of 8 GSIS schools in Seoul that we will accept credit for: Seoul National University, Korea University , Ewha Womans University, Sogang University, Hanyang University, Joong ang University, Kyung Hee University, Hankuk Univ. of Foreign Studies.
※ SNU has different course registration system. You can find SNU registratin guideline here:
※GSIS Program Chairs (As of Dec. 20, 2022)
- GS: Professor Lee, Heejin (HEEJINMELB@YONSEI.AC.KR)
- KSP : Professor Kim, Michael (MKIM@YONSEI.AC.KR)
- PIC : Professor Rhyu, Sang-young (SYRHYU@YONSEI.AC.KR)
- ITFM : Professor Hahm, Joon-Ho (JHAHM@YONSEI.AC.KR)
5. Each course runs three hours per week over the 15 week semester. Credit is based on class-hours except for the Pass(P)/Non-Pass(NP) courses (0 credit). Degree students can select up to 15 credits per semester while non-degree students can select up to 12 credits.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding course registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.