The Preparation for ZOOM-based Lectures
(1) Install ZOOM & Update your Profile
- Download the “ZOOM” program here: https://zoom.us/download
※ You can download the app on your smartphone or iPad!
※ For ZOOM-based classes, using a laptop is highly recommended!(If you take lectures via your desktop PC, you need to prepare a separate microphone and camera.)
- Make your own ZOOM account
- After log in ZOOM, go to [option]->[profile] & update your photo and your name identically to YSCEC
- (optional) Pop-up both ZOOM screen and YSCEC homepage simultaneously
(2) Check your video option
- Download the most updated camera software via the homepage of your laptop-brand company
- Go to [option]->[video] & check the monitor to confirm the camera quality
(3) Check your microphone option
- Go to [option]-[audio] & Check your microphone
- Wearing headphones or putting earphones on is highly recommended! (To cancel any noise from your typing)
During the Lecture
- Join the lecture by clicking on the link provided on YSCEC.
- When you want to ask questions or share your ideas, first turn on your microphone, then let the professor know by raising your hand using [participants]-[raise hand]. *Begin your question by saying your name first.
After the Lecture
- The lecture room will automatically disappear after professors end the class
- Please be ready for the lecture beforehand! (open all the screens you need & check your instruments)
- When you enter, the video will be on but your microphone will be on mute. You can change this (on/off) by clicking on the icons on the left bottom side of your screen. (or alt+A for sound and alt+V for video) *Turn off your microphone when there is someone calling you!
- Let the professor or the TA know through chat messages if you have any trouble during the lecture. (Move curser to your face on monitor & click the right side of your mouse-> pop-up of “stop the video”)