On-Campus Alien Registration Service for Foreign Students as of Spring 2016
To reside in Korea for more than 3 months, you must apply for an alien registration card (ARC) within 90 days of your arrival to Korea. The immigration office has notified us they will not accept individual applications during March 2016. Accordingly, GSIS will work with the Office of International Affairs to provide an On-Campus Alien Registration Service. To apply for an ARC, please submit all the required documents to the GSIS office by March 31st, 17:00.
It may take a minimum of 3 weeks for the immigration office to process the ARC application. You must personally contact the immigration office after 3 weeks to verify if your card is ready for pick-up. Once you do, you must personally visit the Immigration Office to register your fingerprint and pick up the alien registration card yourself. Then, you must submit a copy of the ARC, front & back to the GSIS office via email or in-person.
▣ On-Campus Service Application Instructions
¨ Incoming Foreign Students / Students Returning to Korea on the D-2 Student Visa living in the jurisdiction of the Immigration Office, Southern Seoul Branch (Gangseo-gu , Guro-gu, Seodaemun-gu, Yangcheon-gu, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Gwangmyeong-si)
¨ Document Submission Period: Weekdays March 2nd ~31st , 09:00~12:00 & 14:00~17:00
¨ Where: GSIS Office at 510, New Millennium Hall
¨ Required Documents
① Application Form (Download the attachment below or visit HiKorea.go.kr and check “Alien Registration” on “Select Application” Section)
③ Photocopy of Passport
④ Photocopy of D-2 visa page on your Passport
⑤ Color ID photograph (3.5cm*4.5cm) – See Note 1 below
⑥ Certificate of Enrollment
- Two Methods of Getting the Certificate of Enrollment
1. Print out Certificate of Enrollment at the Student Service Center at Engineering Building
2. Login to your Yonsei Portal > Select “Online Transcripts & Certificate” > When a new window appears, select either “Online Printing” or “Mailing Request”
⑦ Medical Certificate issued by Seodaemun Community Health Center within 3 months (if applicable, See Note 2 below)
⑧ Application Fee of 30,000 KRW- cash only
l Note 1 : Standard Photo Size:
l Note 2: Issuance of Health Certificate
The Ministry of Justice requires D-2 visa holders from specific countries submit a tuberculosis health certificate for the alien registration card. The requirement applies to the following countries: China, Sri Lanka, Russia, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia
Process and Requirements
① Visit the Seodaemun Community Health Center
- Address: Yeonhee-road 242, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- Transportation: Green Bus Seodaemun 03 at the Main Gate, Seodaemun Health Center Stop
- ID Photo
- Fee of 300 KRW
- Medical Certificate Form and Register for the Examination
③ Take an X-Ray Examination for Tuberculosis
④ Receive the results & the Medical Certificate (It takes 1-2 days)
Please make sure to bring all required documents and for further detail, please visit the Immigration Office website (www.hikorea.go.kr) or call 1345 and press ‘3’ for English.
▣ Important Changes from the Immigration Office, Seoul Branch:
- In the month of March, appointment reservations will not be available for students. If you do not apply for an ARC during the month of March through our service, then you must make an application individually after March. Please note that from now on, students need to make an appointment online prior to visiting the Immigration Office.
- Students interested in applying for Visa Extensions: This can be processed either online or on-site at the Seoul Branch. If you wish to process extension or permit in the month of March, please do so through online e-application (www.hikorea.go.kr). After March, you can make a reservation and visit the Immigration Office.