▩ Course Enrollment: February 13th-17th, 10:00-17:00
▩ Tuition Payment Period for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th semester students: February 21st-27th, 9:30-17:00
▩ Additional Payment Period(5th~ students): March 13th-15th 9:30-17:00
▩ Course Add and Drop Period: March 2nd-8th.10:00-17:00
▩ Course Withdrawal Period: April 3rd-5th, 10:00-17:00
Please view the attached file regularly to view the Spring 2017 Course Schedule through the Yonsei Portal system. Please check the file and notice often since it is updated. Every student must register for courses through Yonsei Portal during the designated period. When registering, Master's candidates must be attentive to their exact graduation requirements if they wish to graduate within four semesters of study (the proposed length of study at GSIS). Do not neglect registering for the appropriate core and required courses, or you may not graduate on time.
1. Please note that credits earned at other graduate schools can be transferred up to a total of 15 credits and up to 6 credits per semester. Yonsei GSIS students may take courses and transfer credits from other Yonsei graduate schools, but this does not include special graduate schools. Credits may only be transferred from the general graduate schools and professional graduate schools.
2. If you are a student who wishes to enroll for a 5th semester and over, you are required to take at least one course(including internship).
3. Retaking a course is allowed only if a student received an "F." However, if another "F" grade is given for the same course after retaking it, the student will be removed from school register. The retaken course will be indicated with "R" and the previous "F" will be replaced by the new grade acquired. After registering for courses as "retake", please inform the GSIS office.
4. If you would like to receive credit for doing an internship, please register at the CDC office and inform the GSIS office during the course registration period. Without doing so, you will not receive credit.
5. Students must satisfy all of the requirements below to be eligible to register for thesis writing this semester:
1) Students who have already submitted applications to write their theses to the GSIS office in 2016.
2) Students who are expected to complete their thesis writing in the 2017-1 semester
6. There may be courses that were listed under a certain field of concentration from a previous semester that have been changed to a different field of concentration in this semester. However the course designated under a particular field during a particular semester is how the course will be credited for the graduation requirement. The change will not be applicable when determining a student's coursework.
7. Disclaimer students should be responsible for keeping track of, and satisfying their own graduation requirements. The GSIS office can provide only academic advice, and cannot be held responsible for individual student decisions on course selections. The official school regulations and the course listings serve as the standard, and students should refer to these documents for final confirmations.
8. Please be sure to follow the policies described in the GSIS regulations and bylaws(GSIS Homepage uploaded) when registering for the courses.
9. Please continue to check the course schedule for updates.
【General Information / Notice】
1. 1st semester students(incoming students) can also register on the day of Orientation, which is set to be on Feb 24th.
2. Only students who have fulfilled the core course requirements (including students who were able to waive core courses) are eligible to apply for Financial Aid and the Dean's Scholarship.
3. Auditing Courses: There is an "Audit" category in the Course Registration System. Credits will not be given even if you registered the audited course. The "Audit" category will reflect the audited courses, but students will not receive credit for graduation.
4. Independent Study: This is considered as a research course that students can receive credit for by working directly with a Professor. The Professor and student organizes the structure of the course together. Master's degree students can only register for the Independent Study course once while PhD students can take this course twice. To register for an Independent Study, students must do the following:
1) Receive approval from the Professor you plan to do the Independent Study with. The Professor must be GSIS Faculty only.
2) Complete the application form and submit it to the GSIS office no later than the deadline of March 7th, 17:00.
3) GSIS office will register for the Independent Study course at the last day of Course Add and Drop Period.
5. Registering for courses at other Yonsei Graduate Schools / GSIS institutions: Students who wish to enroll in other Yonsei Graduate Schools and GSIS schools must complete the application form and submit it to the GSIS office no later than Mar 7th, 17:00. This form must be approved and signed by the course instructor and your Program Chair. You do not need to register for the course(s) online.
※ There are a total of 7 GSIS schools in Seoul that we will accept credit for: Seoul National University, Korea University , Ewha Woman's University, Sogang University, Hanyang University, , Kyung Hee University, Hankuk Univ. of Foreign Studies.
※ GSIS Program Chairs
- KSP : Professor Kim, Hyuk Rae
- PIC : Professor Maass, Matthias
- ITFM : Professor Kim, Donghun
6. Each course runs three hours per week over the 16-week semester. Credit is based on class-hours except for the Pass(P)/Non-Pass(NP) courses (0 credit). Degree students can select up to 15 credits per semester while non-degree students can select up to 12 credits.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding course registration, please contact email@example.com. You may also call or visit the office(NMH510).