▩ General Leave of Absence
1. Application Period: Feb 3, 10 am - Mar 9 Mar 30, 5 pm
During this period, students may apply for a leave of absence without paying the tuition. After this period, however, students can apply for a leave of absence only after they pay the whole tuition and the tuition will be refunded according to the University’s refund policies.
2. Apply at the Yonsei Portal System(http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Academic Information system → Academic Management System(Degree Programs) → Log-in → Leave/Return
3. Please note that
a. Leave of absence in the first semester is not granted for reasons other than military service, pregnancy or other illnesses.
b. Leave of absence is granted only for one semester per application (two semesters for maternity leave). Students who wish to prolong their leave of absence must submit a new application form.
c. Total leave of absence period cannot exceed one year during enrollment in the Master’s degree program, two years during enrollment in the Ph.D. program. Permission for leave of absence will be given on a semester basis.
d. New entering students and readmitted students cannot take their first semester off.
e. Students who do not apply for returning within the given period even after their leave of absence period has expired, they will be removed from the school register.
f. Students must be enrolled in their final (graduating) semester.
g. Even during the leave of absence, students must update their information - especially, e-mail, phone number and address, at the Portal system if any changes are made to get the important notices from the school.
1. Application Period: Feb 3, 10 am - Feb 14, 5 pm
Complete the [Readmission Application], have the form signed by the program coordinator and submit it to GSIS office.
2. Students who would like to apply for readmission should contact the GSIS office directly.
1. Application Period
Feb. 3 - Feb. 21, 10:00-17:00
1) Feb. 10 - 14 Feb. 17-21, 10:00-17:00 2) Mar. 3 – 9 Mar. 17-23, 10:00-17:00
Feb. 21- 27, 9:30-17:00 Feb. 21 - Mar. 5, 9:30 - 17:00
2. Apply at the Yonsei Portal System(http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Academic Information system → Academic Management System (Degree Programs) → Leave/Return
If you have any questions on Military Leave of Absence or Returning after the Military Leave of Absence, please directly contact the GSIS office at email@example.com.