Emergency action alert to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (Feb. 6, 2020)
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, the following measures are taken.
1. Academic Calendar Change
1) Postponed Start Date: The Spring 2020 semester is postponed for two weeks. The courses begin on March 16 and the end date is June 27. Additional adjustments might be made depending on the spread of infectious diseases.
2) Course registration is delayed for one week (Feb. 17, 2020 ~ Feb. 21, 2020). We also will reconfirm students’ travel histories to China and Southeast Asia when they register for courses.
*Changed Academic Calendar
2. Dormitory Entry Schedule
A separate announcement will be made after the adjustment of the relevant department.
3. One Month Closure of Sports Center and Swimming Pool: Closure schedule will be separately notified.
4. In principle, large events held on campus will be canceled until the crisis stage changes.
New space reservation will be suspended until the crisis stage changes.
5. Follow-up Measures to Commencement
1) The February Commencement is integrated with the August Commencement and will be held in August. In principle, graduates in February can attend the August Commencement.
2) If a graduate in February is unable to attend the Commencement in August due to overseas departures, he/she can rent a regalia during the regalia rent period in February.
6. Control and Management of Multiple Entrance Buildings
In order to prevent the spread of the virus, entrances to multiple access buildings, such as the central library, can be restricted to one or two places and fever-checking can be carried out.
7. Self-quarantine for 14 days after entry. (Updated: Feb. 21, 2020)
If you visit areas where the novel coronavirus have occured, please only attend classes after being in self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Contaminated Countries: China, Hong Kong, Macau
- Community infected countries: Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan
- Novel coronavirus Occurrence Country
Until March 27, which is two weeks after the start of the course, if you cannot attend classes due to delayed entry because of the infectious disease, being in self-quarantine for 14 days after entry, and having suspected infection symptoms, please contact your professor and submit documents such as a flight ticket and passport to confirm the date of entry or a medical certificate letter. You will be recognized as present for attendance.