Beginning of International Students
End of International Students
Once received, application documents cannot be returned or copied.
Please do not contact the GSIS Faculty for information or updates regarding admissions or financial decisions; all admissions decisions come from the GSIS Office of Admissions.
* Send Your Application To:
Room 510 New Millennium Hall
The Graduate School of International Studies, Yonsei University
50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea, 03722
* Please see the Checklist before you start.
* Master’s program
1. GSIS online application
2. Statement of Purpose (about 3 pages)
3. Copy of Diploma or Certificate of Graduation from Undergraduate Institution
4. Official Transcripts of Undergraduate Institutions (in sealed envelopes)
5. Original TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC Score Reports (if applicable)
*We no longer accept TOEFL reports that are sent via our institutional code. Please include the official TOEFL report in your application package and send it directly to our offices.
*If you are eligible to waive the TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC Score Report requirement, then please fill out the TOEFL Score Report Waiver Request Form with supporting documentation.
6. Two Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Supervisors (in sealed and signed envelopes)
7. Non- Refundable Application fee of USD 80 or KRW 80,000 (plus any additional transfer fees)
8. Verification of Deposit (VOD) of the person responsible for student's expenses
*If the applicant is not the holder of the account listed on the VOD, the actual account holder (ie. your sponsor) must submit a letter of sponsorship.
9. Copy of Passport and Certificate of Parent-Child Relationship
10. Copy of Korean Alien Registration Card (¿Ü±¹ÀÎµî·ÏÁõ) for applicants currently living in Korea
11. Two Passport-sized Photo (plain background)
12. Education Request Form - link
13. Release of Information Form - link
* Chinese Students need to additionally submit the 5 items below.
1. Copy of applicant's and parents' National ID Card (ËÜÚÅãóÝÂñû ÞÐÜâ)
2. Copy of Household Register (ËÜÚÅûÂÏ¢Ý ÞÐÜâ)
- One that shows all of your family members
3. Certificate of Family Relationships
4. Resume (optional)
5. Certificate of Employment (optional)
* Doctoral program (in addition to all the documents listed above)
1. Copy of Diploma or Certificate of Graduation from Graduate Institution/Master's Program
2. Official Transcripts of All Graduate Work (in sealed and signed envelopes)
3. A Research Proposal
4. A Writing Sample (term papers or Master's thesis of at least 40 pages)
5. Official GRE scores (optional)