1. Name of University (Country name): University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
Established in 1898, University of St. Gallen is a leading business university with a focus on the fields of business administration, economics, law, social sciences and international affairs. The Financial Times in its annual rankings of European business Schools consistently recognises the university as one of the best in Europe.
2. Dual degree programme: Master of International Affairs and Governance (MIA)
The Master's Programme in International Affairs and Governance (MIA) provides a broad education in international affairs which integrates the specific perspectives of economics, political science, business administration and law. Accordingly, the program prepares students for professional careers in consulting firms, financial institutions, multinational corporations, government, development agencies, international organisations, diplomacy, the media, non-profit organisations as well as universities and research centers.
For further information on each program, see the link below.
3. General Information
(1) Admission Criteria
- Students who have earned or expected to complete 24 credits. In principle, the required credits include GSIS Core courses, Programmes required courses, field of concentration courses, and distribution requirement. Otherwise, approval of the program chair is required.
- Students with TOEFL score 100 (IBT) or above or IELTS score of 7.5 or above
- Students who are recommended by the program chair
- Students who are physically healthy
- Students who have not received any disciplinary action
- Students who have no problem obtaining a Swiss visa
- Students who meet all other conditions specified in the dual degree agreement
- Thesis is compulsory if student takes dual degree program
(2) Admission schedule
- Website announcement: Every February
- Available date: Second semester only
(3) Required documents
- An application form (University of St. Gallen format)
- Statement of Purpose
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate school in English and certificate of degree in English
- 4 photos (Passport-size)
- Copy of English proficiency (TOEFL 100 or above or IETLS 7.5 or above) (Taken within 2 years)
- Recommendation letter from program chair and other professional or academic references
- CV (Resume)
(4) Application proces
- Apply it through Yonsei GSIS office
4. Tuition, Scholarship and length of visit
(1) Tuition: Pay a tuition fee at Yonsei GSIS
(2) Length of visit: Two semesters (One year)